HALF MARATHON & 10K
DATE: SATURDAY 14TH MAY 2022
This unique event in aid of Down Syndrome Galway takes place on beautiful Inishbofin Island, situated on Connemara’s stunning Wild Atlantic Way. The island is steeped in history, and is renowned for its traditional music and unspoilt sandy beaches.
Inishbofin Half Marathon & 10k will take place on Saturday 14th May 2022. Whether you’re a serious runner looking for a new challenge, or a rookie looking to run, jog or walk on quiet roads, the route offers a mix of flat and inclined terrain, meandering through fine scenery, with spectacular views of the beautiful Connemara mountains. Your registration also includes return ferry ticket and post- race BBQ with live music.
Enjoy a weekend of island hospitality, whilst raising vital funds for Down Syndrome Ireland, Galway Branch.
Registration fee (€60) includes:
- Early bird price €50
- Return ferry crossing
- Entry to Half Marathon/10k on Saturday 14th May, 10am
- Sponsorship pack & tech race tee shirt
- Snack & water stops during event
- Light refreshments provided after race
- BBQ with live music at 7pm on Saturday evening
As this is a charity event, we require all race participants to raise a minimum of €100 sponsorship for Down Syndrome Galway. This charity provides vital services to over 100 children and adults in Galway city and county, and receives no government funding.
- Ferry departs Cleggan at 11.30am, 2pm, 7.30pm (this is included in your registration fee)
- 8.15 am special early morning boat leaves Cleggan (MUST be pre booked, €20 supplement)
- Half Marathon 9.15am – meet at Community Centre for pre- race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship/donations. 10am- Half Marathon commences (snacks & water stops during event)
- 10K 10.15am meet at community centre for pre-race briefing, collect race numbers and hand in sponsorship. 11am- 10K commences (snacks & water stops during event)
- Post event refreshment at Inishbofin community centre.
- 7pm Barbeque with live music at the Dolphin Hotel
- Ferry departs Inishbofin at 10am, 1pm and 5pm (this is included in your registration fee)
NOTE: Ferry ticket and BBQ are included in your race registration. If you wish to avail of the SPECIAL early Saturday morning boat you MUST pre-book this on- line
Non participants are welcome to attend the Saturday night event, tickets cost €20 – participants can book these for their friends through their njuko booking.
For participants wishing to depart Inishbofin on Saturday evening, the ferry leaves at 5pm
Participants must book their own accommodation. Please visit the Inishbofin website for a full list of hotels, B&Bs, self-catering cottages and hostel options. http://www.inishbofin.com
To get to Inishbofin…take the ferry from Cleggan in Northwest Connemara, on the Clifden to Westport stretch of the N59. Eircode H91 TC6C
Citylink buses meet the ferry in Cleggan http://www.citylink.ie/
The timetable for the Island Discovery ferry can be viewed at http://www.inishbofinislanddiscovery.com/
NB: You must leave your car at Cleggan, foot passengers only on the ferry. There is some road side parking available and several carparks charging €3 per day.